Thursday 6 January 2011

Remove Record of Recently Used Documents

In Windows XP Professional, the Start menu contains a My Recent Documents folder that contains 15 of your recently used documents.
To remove the record of recently accessed documents:
Right-click Start, click Properties, and then click Customize.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Clear List. If you're using the Classic Start menu, click Clear.
Clicking Clear List empties the My Recent Documents folder. It doesn’t delete the documents from your computer.
If you don’t want to include anything in the My Recent Documents folder:
On the Advanced tab, click Customize, and then clear the List my most recently opened documents check box.
In Windows XP Home Edition, My Recent Documents is not automatically listed on the Start menu. You can turn on this feature by right-clicking Start, clicking Properties, clicking Customize, and then selecting the List my most recently opened documents check box.

No comments:

Post a Comment